A Drag Chain Conveyor can be used for handling powdery, coarse, fine grained, abrasive and sticky bulk materials. Drag Chain Conveyor is capable of conveying the material to steep inclination of 50 degrees. In certain applications, Drag Chain Conveyor can also be used for reclaiming of bulk material from Silos / Hoppers
Drag Chain Conveyors consist of a series of metal or plastic flights attached at uniform intervals to one or two strands of endless chain. The chain moves the flights along in a trough thereby pushing or sliding the material along. Carry run is on the bottom side. Multiple inlets and discharge points can be provided with Drag Chain Conveyors, allowing for maximum efficiency. The intermediate discharge openings can be fitted with remote controlled shut-off gate valves to choose the receiving silo. In case of handling abrasive materials, drag conveyor has to be operated at very low speeds. Appropriate chain speed and chain width are vital for the service life of the drag chain conveyor.
Drag Chain Conveyors manufactured by AEGIS come with generous design and rugged construction and can be used various applications across various industries. AEGIS designs, manufactures and supplies Drag Chain Conveyors to suit the property of bulk material handled number of operating hours and other surrounding conditions.
- Suitable for conveying material over short to medium distances
- Can carrying abrasive, moderately abrasive and non-abrasive items.
- Designed to pull materials like briquettes, agro fuels, coal, woodchips, lime, etc.
- Can convey materials horizontally or on inclines up to 50 degrees
- Ideal conveying mechanism when a change in elevation is required on inclined conveying
- Can convey to high inclinations up to 50 degree, depending on material handled
- Can effectively handled, "difficult to flow" materials
- Can be made dust and air tight
- Multiple inlet and outlet points allows to have intake and discharge flexibility
- Carry-over problems are minimized as the carry run is on the return side
- Robust and Sturdy Design
- Available in single or double chain
- Available in capacities up to 300 TPH
- Capable of moving material with speeds up to 25 feet per minute
- Capable to achieve inclinations up to 50 degree
- Occupies minimum space thereby optimizing space utilization
- Wear resistant liners can be provided for handling abrasive materials